Thursday, January 24, 2008

Just punch them both

OK, who's with me on this one - hitting someone in the head "open-faced yet close-knuckled" is a total bitch-slap.



From rollingstone.com, posted Oct. 2, 2007, " Kid Rock's Cure For Heartbreak":

At the MTV Video Music Awards last month, Kid Rock returned from a bathroom break and got a surprise. Tommy Lee, Rock's nemesis -- the ex-husband of his ex-wife Pam Anderson -- was sitting at Rock's table. "I was like, 'That's it!' " Rock recalls. "He knows how much he has disrespected me through the years, and I'd told him he had it coming. I was left with no choice." Rock remembered what his older brother taught him -- "you've got to hit first" -- in the fourth grade. "I was going to be a bitch or be a man," Rock says. "And I'm not a bitch. Never have been."

Pretty soon, Rock, 36, is describing how he popped Lee in Las Vegas. It was his right hand -- open-faced yet close-knuckled -- that connected with Lee's left cheekbone. "It was a full swing," he says. "I don't got big guns, but I know how to throw a punch." The drama goes way back, related to their mutual ex-wife. Rock says that the final straw came last December, after his divorce from Anderson, when he received text messages from Lee, who had hijacked Anderson's cell phone. "This motherf***** starts e-mailing me from her BlackBerry, saying, 'You're a f***ing bitch, she'll always be with me, nobody wants you,' " Rock says. "It was not easy. It was a very hurtful time in my life, because I was in love with her. I wanted to roll on him right then, but I didn't see him until the MTV Awards."

On his blog, after the incident, Lee called Rock a "wuss," and when reached for comment, Lee says, "My family and I want nothing to do with this unfortunate situation."

No comments: